Making Ice Cream with Kakadu Plum Powder
Kakadu Plum Benefits
Kakadu plums, also known as Gubinge, are small, pear-shaped fruits which originate from northern Australia. They are packed full of life-sustaining nutrients and have been an important food source for Indigenous Australians for thousands of years. Kakadu plums are known to be the only fruit which contains the highest level of Vitamin C – 100 times more than oranges; they also contain magnesium, calcium, Vitamin E and iron.
Kakadu Plum and Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe
Kakadu Plum and Blueberry Ice Cream
Ready to make a vitamin-packed ice cream treat? It’s simple to make: all you need to do is blend the following ingredients together and freeze overnight.
- 2 ripe bananas (frozen)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 tsp of Kakadu plum powder – you can purchase it here
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of cold coconut milk
- Optional topping: mint leaves and pistachios
- Incorporate all ingredients in a food processor until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency. If using vanilla bean – extract and use the seeds.
- Freeze overnight.
- Optional: Serve with mint leaves and pistachios as toppings.